Back to top
*only valid for drop boxes in Switzerland and Germany that are connected to our same-day courier system.
Features and Benefits
- Overnight service, delivery of results before 2 pm the next day
- Results are delivered Monday to Friday
- Use our drop box in your vicinity for free shipping of samples
- You can choose between prepaid and non-prepaid service
- Ideal for difficult plasmids. Better and more robust results because whole process is standardized and carried out in-house.
- Accelerate your research by one working day
- Save handling time in the lab
- Significantly reduce your expenditures on plasmid DNA purification kits by only isolating plasmids from clones showing the desired sequence
- Not limited to E. coli. Expanding list of possible organisms.
How to Order
- Enter our webshop
- Click on Ecoli NightSeq in the "Barcode Labels for Single Tube Services" area and follow the further instructions
- You can choose between prepaid and non-prepaid labels
- Enter our webshop
- Click on Fill Order Form under Ecoli NightSeq (prepaid or non-prepaid) and follow the further instructions
No, an antibiotic is not necessary.
The colony might be a bit smaller, but it must be clearly visible.
First the Ecoli NightSeq® tube.
Yes, please add 5 µl.
3 days for the tubes and 1 month for the isolated templates.
We know that the Ecoli NightSeq® works with BACs and other organisms, but in some cases not as successful as with E.coli. We recommend performing pilot tests beforehand. A good option to increase the quality is to make a raw isolation of the plasmid / BAC and add 1 µl of this isolate in the Ecoli NightSeq® tubes.
We had good results with direct picking of Pseudomonas putida or Sinorhizobium meliloti. We recommend to try and in the case of fail, isolate the plasmid and add 1 µl into our tubes.
Yeast: Pretreat the cells in 20mM NaOH at 95°C, 10 min. Add 5 µl to our Ecoli NightSeq® tubes and heat 95 °C, 15 min.
Storage time: 4 years, Storage conditions: 4 °C. Expiry date and storage conditions are indicated on the packaging bag.
Multiple reactions from one single clone
Yes. You have two possibilities:
- Pick the colony in one Ecoli NightSeq® tube, mix it and transfer the liquid into a second Ecoli NightSeq® tube, mix it again and split the liquid between the two Ecoli NightSeq® tubes. Equally the same number of cells shall be in both tubes.
- Pick the colony in one Ecoli NightSeq® tube and label it with a barcode. Send us the Ecoli NightSeq® tube along with a second plain barcode within a transparent plastic bag.
In both cases you have to register the forward as well as the reverse reaction on our webshop.
Yes, it is for tubes. Proceed as following:
- Because Microsynth has already isolated your plasmid, you can perform any additional sequencing reactions by using the cheaper Economy Run service. Therefore, enter the Economy Run ordering mask, define the additional reaction by using a prepaid Economy Run barcode.
- On the last page of the ordering mask, please add following information into the comment box: Please use my sample(s) from order number XY.
- Isolated templates are kept for 4 weeks only when using the Ecoli NightSeq service.
- Additional reactions are performed as soon as possible, but our time promise is no longer valid.
- Please contact us if you do not have the possibility to use prepaid labels Economy Run in order to find a workaround, e.g. by using Microsynth’s non prepaid version of the Economy Run service.
Yes. We have tested a correspondingly long storage at room temperature and it doesn't harm the sample.
No, only on Monday before 2 pm.
Thomas Lunardi, EPFL SV ISREC UPLIN
Barbara Hauert, University of Bern
Dr. Shubhendu Palei, TU Dortmund