Back to top
COVID-19 Wastewater Assay
SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is shed in feces by infected individuals and can be measured in wastewater. An increase in COVID cases in the population is associated with an increase in SARS-CoV-2 concentrations in wastewater, meaning this data can improve the understanding of the transmission of COVID-19 in the community.
Microsynth offers a balanced and high quality duplex real-time PCR assay for the quantification of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in wastewater.
Features and Benefits
- CDC based protocol that includes normalization to Pepper Mild Mottle Virus (PMMV) - an established viral indicator for the quantification of human fecal content in natural and engineered water systems.
- Primer & probes are manufactured inhouse by Microsynth
- The assay has been developed by Dr. René Köppel from the Zurich Cantonal Laboratory.
- High quantity delivered:
- 1 unit contains 5 tubes with primer/probe sets for 5 x 20 PCR reactions (25 µl volume)
- Attractive prices
- Ready-to-use assay with detailed manual: just solubilize the primer/probe mixture in ddH2O and add your PCR mastermix (not included)
- Compatibility with majority of qPCR systems (the dyes FAM and HEX are used)
|Product Name||Article Number||Assay Type||Marker 1||Marker 2||References|
|AllCovid||Duplex||Covid 19 N1||PMMV|
Click on the product name in the table above to download a user guide.
Important - Please Note!
To run our assays successfully, you need an adequate real-time PCR / digital PCR mastermix and a real-time PCR thermocycler capable of measuring multiplex reactions at the required wavelengths. If you do not have the necessary real-time PCR / digital PCR equipment, let Microsynth run your assay(s) of choice on a fee-for-service basis. In this context see also the submenu "Real-Time PCR – Project-Based Analysis Services".